Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Splitting the expenses?

I am self employed working from home %26amp; a friend put money into my business when i started, now she wants out {only been up a couple o months} but wants half of our stock %26amp; all the petty cash, as she rekons she 'owns' more than me, I have added up all costs we individually paid for %26amp; I am about 拢170ish behind her, I never put in any of my house expences such as bussiness rates, electric or whatever else, would it be sneaky of me to add them now, when sorting it all out??


Just she did nothing %26amp; have been up till 3-4am everyday since starting %26amp; I am going to begrudge her walking away with all that.





Please give me some advice??Splitting the expenses?
Add in your expenses. Bid her good bye and good riddance! Be glad she did not wait for it to become really successful!Splitting the expenses?
HI!





Don't think this is an easy one, and certainly can't be sorted out here.





I think you need to speak to your accountant, and ultimately a solicitor.





I really feel for you, and I wish you all the best.
See Judge Joe Brown
I assume you have not got any sort of formal written contract. If this is the case and she has taken no part in running the business then you owe her the money she ';lent'; you so you pay her that. It might be an idea to pay her some interest because if she decides to sue you for the cash. then your case will be it was just loan and the offer of reasonable interest will indicate that. If however you do have some sort of partnership agreement then she is entitled to half the assets and yes you do put any reasonable expenses you have had into the equation


this is the best I can do without more information about the original circumstances
all i can say is it seems to me you are the business when my partner died last year her family would not have come to me for half the business because thats how things were with decent honest people you are well shot its a pity you are not nearer
tough one this...


first thing is,dont sort it our between yourselves....get a mediator, i.e. a business lawyer, its expensive but you will get the fairest, and right, deal at the end of it......





good luck,


mrben

No comments:

Post a Comment