Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Splitting a cable wire will...?

will splitting a cable wire (to get cable into another room...in the middle of my house...) effect the quality of the cable tv on both sets??Splitting a cable wire will...?
It depends on what kind of splitter you use. Using a silver non-digital splitter may ruin the picture a little bit. But using a gold digital splitter will not affect the picture in any way, but will actually make the picture better. In other words, using a gold digital splitter is the best decision to make. You have to be careful when buying one, though. On digital splitters, you will see a dB level for each output port. The higher the number, the worst the picture will be. The lower the number, the better the picture will be. For example, a -7.5 dB level will give you a better picture than a +7.5 dB level. I am aware of this because I bought a +7.5 digital splitter. When I installed it, there was static everywhere on the TV screen. Now, I am using a -7.5dB splitter, and the picture is better than ever. I would highly recommend buying a digital coaxial splitter from Radio Shack.
  • famous myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment