Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is there any way I can learn how to do the splits?

Hi, I am a dancer and I would like to learn how I can get more limber and do the splits. So if anyone can tell me what I can do to learn them, that would be great!


~Thanks~Is there any way I can learn how to do the splits?
Best thing to do is just stretch. This is something you have to work at. People who know yoga might be able to help you out with that. It's really less something that needs to be taught then something that needs to be worked on. Just be careful, you DO NOT want to pull a groin muscle.Is there any way I can learn how to do the splits?
Stretching, and pain.


And more pain.


When I practice splits, I push myself REALLY hard, and I nearly cry.


But, I get better each time.
side split stretches:


1st stretch:take a thick book and put it down on the ground then put one of your feet on it and go down into the splits position as far as u can and hold it there for like 2 minutes and switch legs.then do it without the book.


2nd stretch:put one leg straight in front and the other leg fully bended and try to touch your foot that is straight and hold it for like 1 min then switch legs.


3rd stretch do the splits as far as u can down and hold it for 1 or 2 mins and switch legs.


4th stretch:if u can do the splits then hold your front foot for 30sec-1min then sit straight and bend your back and extend your arms backwards and do it with the other leg.





middle splits:


stretch:do it as far down as u can and hold it there for 1 or 2min and rest for a few minutes and do it again.
u just need to stretch a lot... have a partner help u too.... thats we did for cheerleading
try the butterfly position, or just sit in second position and try to get your stocmach on the floor and slowly stretch yur hands out mabey that will strech some musles, do the splits for 30seconds everyday or as much as possible on each side.
im a dancer too, and i had to learn mine for a show. i went on a slippery floor, somethink like tile or hardwood, not carpet.


i put a pillow under each of mi feet. although it was painful, i let the pillows slide mi feet apart on the floor, and i literally sat in mi splits like that for almost an half hour and did that almost every night for about a week.


i had a book with me so i wasnt focused on how much it hurt and every five minutes or so, take a deep breath. when you exhale, your muscles relax and let you fall further into the splits. this part is real important, cuz if you just sit in the splits for a long time, your muscles tense up, and its bad for you.


yes its painful, but when you find a method for learning the splits thats not painful, let me kno. (:
Practice! Stretch before bed each night and when you wake up. Yoga is a good training. I've been practicing for years and I found that you are more flexible after a bath.
I read some of the answers and someone said to bounce when you are going down into the splits. DON';T BOUNCE!!! It's a very easy way to pull something! Go slowly down and hold it for a while instead.
stretch
stretch and push yourself. dont make yourself do it thought, you will pull a muscle. work everyday, and stretch. your muscles will eventually let you go into the splits. depending on how much you stretch and work, depends on how long it will take to acheive your goal. shouldnt take too long. i would say around two weeks give or take on how close you are to them at the moment
hi i am a dancer too and the easy thing that i did was to push myself each day to get further down and now i know how to do the splits and just keep stretching your legs out.
strech out often and practise doing your splits.
when you are going down in the splits keep bouncing down and arch your back just keep doing that and you will have it in no time.
When I was much much younger and practised everyday, starching slowly before long I was able to do them. So something I say to my daughter now is:


PRACTISE, PRACTISE, PRACTISE.
  • famous myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment