Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I want long hair, but i keep getting all these nasty split ends once my hair reaches my shoulders?

help? it gets annoying keeping it short and layered all the time. short hair makes me look really young and its bad enough people think im 11 when im 16. id love for my hair to be long but the split ends bug me so much and look bad. any suggestions?I want long hair, but i keep getting all these nasty split ends once my hair reaches my shoulders?
Coming from a hairdressers point of view, wash your hair before you go to bed, apply lots of conditioner, comb through and leave in overnight, then rinse out in the morning. (any kind of treatment is ideal) LAY OFF HAIRSTAIGHTNERS!!! And try not to blow dry your hair evertime after washing itI want long hair, but i keep getting all these nasty split ends once my hair reaches my shoulders?
I know that,same problem as ya have.You can decrease it by the bands we get this day.But the best thing is to keep the hairs wet after shower at least for 15 min. and then you apply gel or oil instantly and not let your hairs dry.


REALLY WORKS.
kealy is pretty dead on. i grow my hair out all the time, and honestly, it's easier than people make it out to be. you don't need much shampoo, but put LOTS of conditioner on the ends, with just a light amount on the top of the hair. don't straighten or blow dry as often. if you dislike how your hair looks when it drys naturally, as i do, stick it in a braid when it's still wet, and take it out in the morning when you wake up for slight waves.





a REALLY great product to use is herbal essence's long term relationship. apply it on the ends when your hair is wet, and it makes the split ends smoother and less noticeable, while conditioning them all day to keep them growing :D favorite product ever .
you need to get lots of little tiny trims every month or two, and you need to keep your hair nice and moist, but dont overdo it on the showering. and deep condition once to twice a week depending on your hair type (twice for curly hair, once for straight)





hope this helps!
I suggest the next time you get your hair cut, explain to the stylist that you are trying to grow it out and she/he will trim the ends and could give you a shape that will look good as your hair grow out.





And hair grows fast so go every two months or so. And don't forget to moisturize your hair. Find a good conditioner that won't dry it out.
  • famous myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment