Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is there anything that I can use to cure my split ends?

When I say cheap I mean like about $5.00-$12.00 Or is there anything I can do at home?





Please I need your help.Is there anything that I can use to cure my split ends?
Um you could try speacial shapoos or conditioners if you want a cheap way out.. but the best way to get rid of split ends is to get a hair cut and layer your hair.





Glad to Help =]Is there anything that I can use to cure my split ends?
You can get a hair cut.
Trim it yourself. I do.


The best suggestion I can give to you is to check out a book from the library that teaches home-haircutting.


I've been cutting my hair since I was 12 yrs old (yes, I've made a couple of mistakes, but that's what happens when you learn).


Since that age (I am nearly 37), I've been cutting my hair by myself. I have long, shiny, smooth, thick and beautiful healthy hair because of it. It's really worth it once you know what you're doing.


Since I have long hair, I usually cut it every 4 to 6 weeks--8 wks, if I am lazy. Depending on the amount of split/damage on the ends of my hair (which is rare these days, for me), it can take me about 30 mins or less to do this. Since I have thick hair, and it's one length and parted in the middle like Pocahantas and Cher, I usually have to take several sections to cut each section at the bottom to meet the length of the previous section. I usually need to cut about 1/2 inch or a little more/less if I cut every 4 to 6 wks. ';Curing'; split ends is a misnomer. You cannot ';cure'; split ends. You can get rid of them ONLY by cutting them off completely, but you cannot keep them and treat them with any products. Believe me, I've tried every product on the market just so that I could extend my haircutting sessions, but to no avail.


Also, to make my hair smooth, I deep condition my hair with a hot oil treatment made of 100% virgin olive oil and 100% raw shea butter. You talk about the most beautiful hair! I always get compliments on my hair and I am always having good hair days.


Keep it trimmed and keep it deep conditioned once a week. You cannot go wrong.


Good luck to you.





********Additions: I just read the post above regarding the Pantene. Fact: Pantene contains wax and many other substances that would make your stomach turn if you knew what they did. Don't use it. Stick to the natural ingredients. Your body recognizes natural ingredients and will be more apt to using the components of the two I've mentioned above. Best of luck.
i hav the same problem, i've heard tat if u go get ur hair cut (trimed) every 6 weeks it helps keep ur healthy and split end free





hope this helps:)
You can't cure split ends because basically your hair is split in two - you need them cut or they'll just get worse!
VO5 Hot Oil at Boots for 拢4.50 in the U.K


And everywere else Coconut oil
Section %26amp; clip your hair while it is dry.





Take each section %26amp; twist it so split ends stick out.





Trim off the split ends w/ small scissors (i.e. baby or cuticle scissors).





Then keep your hair well conditioned to prevent future split ends. (ex. Mash half of an avocado %26amp; apply it to wet hair. Leave on for 15 mins. %26amp; rinse well w/ cool water. Use a deep conditioning product from Pantene.)





Use a wide tooth comb after shampooing to de-tangle. Do not ever use a brush on wet hair.





To minimize drying time - use a super absorbent microfiber hair towel. (i.e. Aquis or The Body Shop)





Let your hair air dry as often as possible.





Use good quality hair elastics, etc. to avoid tearing your hair. http://www.ehow.com/how_17121_select-hai鈥?/a>
At this point, all you can do is go get a $5.00-$12.00 trim for your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment