Thursday, February 11, 2010

My son and his then girlfriend bookd a holiday for August they split she cancelled and wants fee from him Y/N?

she has threatened legal proceedings but she chose to cancel rather than take a friend Now she wants the cancellation fee off him or she will take legal proceedings. Is she right? can she do that?My son and his then girlfriend bookd a holiday for August they split she cancelled and wants fee from him Y/N?
Tell her to stick the cancellation fee where the sun doesn't shine. She cancelled, she takes responsibility. Your son should have taken you!My son and his then girlfriend bookd a holiday for August they split she cancelled and wants fee from him Y/N?
Who's name is the booking in? Hers or joint?





To be honest he should cough up for the cancellation fee if only to be the bigger man. Why should she have to find someone else if it was a joint decision?





If he signed anything or put his name on the booking she might have a point. If he is the one that finished it then he has a moral duty. If not he should still consider if he shouldn't just be a man about it.
If you want a proper answer, I highly recommend contacting Citizens' Advice. They know the laws better in your area, and you can tell them more details about the situation. You can either call for advice or make an appointment, and some locations take walk-ins. I found them very helpful in a housing dispute when I lived in the UK.


http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/





I think it would depend on the circumstances, but if I cancelled in that situation, I'd just assume my losses since it was my choice to do so. As to whether she has any legal right to the losses, Yahoo Answers isn't the best place to find out.
If she broke the relationship off, I personally wouldn't pay her a penny. But It depends on what was discussed about the holiday. Did she originally offer to take a friend instead?





I don't think she will get very far in the Small Claims Court. It sounds like a case for Judge Judy!
:/ she sounds very petty..





But no i don't think so, because it was her choice to cancel the holiday, plus i doubt it costs that much that anybody would really care. Just tell her to stop being so pathetic (:
taugh ****! don't think she will win anything here!!
  • famous myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment